Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Try a Little Sunshine

I would never say my favorite color is yellow, but for some reason I am ready to welcome in the spring and yellow seems to be the best way to do it.

I would never wear yellow clothes or paint my nails yellow... or drive a yellow car, but a big glass vase filled with yellow daffodils screams Spring to me.  You just can't be sad when you walk into a room and see a bunch of bright yellow flowers.  It instantly cheers you up.

Some other ways to use yellow:

1. Try lemony yellow towels in your guest bathroom.

2. Fill a bowl with lemons to brighten up your kitchen counter.

3. Depending on your decor, add some yellow pillows to your sofa or bedroom.

Go ahead... give yellow a try.

4 comments:

  1. Yellow definitely makes things feel springy. I think I will go buy some lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I look sick in yellow (and not the teenager's definition of sick), but yellow flowers and towels...that I could definitely do! Very Spring-y ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never wear yellow either though I love the color-- I am just too fair skinned it makes me look sickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn--I can't find any contact information for you on your blog. You won my Minted. give away!!! I need to get in touch with you. Please message me on Facebook: Caryn Coleman Payzant. Thanks. And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete