Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Favorite Things #1

When it comes to decorating kids' rooms, one of my favorite things is to use chalkboard paint.  I just love the stuff!  My children all have painted bedroom doors in black chalkboard paint (the interior part of the door).  Let's face it... kids like to draw on walls so what better way than to give them something to draw on that isn't going to completely ruin the room.  Chalkboard paint actually comes in many different colors these days.  When I painted the doors, I first used a primer that was good for covering the oil based paint that was currently on the door.  Then, I used a roller to cover the door in the chalkboard paint.  It takes a good 24 hours to dry and then give the kids a box of chalk and let them create.

Other uses for chalkboard paint are dresser drawers, desk drawers, bookshelves, toy bins... pretty much anything that can be painted is a great base for chalkboard paint.  You can even use it in your kitchen to cover the inside (or outside) of cabinets.

Chalkboard paint can be purchased at any home improvement store and is comparable pricewise to regular paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment