Saturday, January 16, 2010

Getting Ideas

I just got home from attending the Los Angeles Gift Show at the Convention Center.  I've been going to this particular show for years, mostly to purchase products for my retail boutique, but since I don't do much retail anymore I went to get ideas.

I love getting new decorating ideas and those ideas always pop into my head from all different types of sources.  For instance, there was a company that sold reclaimed wood message boards.  Love them!  They are way too expensive to purchase retail, but it's a simple idea that I know I can make myself.  A few old boards and some wire and cork and you've got yourself a unique, handcrafted message board.

I also saw some really beautiful fabric overnight bags... hand sewn and very expensive.  The fabrics, however, were different and eclectic and they gave me some great ideas for putting together different types of patterns and fabrics.

You never know where your next big idea will come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment