Monday, February 8, 2010

Re: Nate Berkus Gets Own Show

Nate Berkus, Oprah's designer protegee, is getting his own show.  He will be taking over the spot Martha Stewart used to have.  I love Nate... I think he is a great designer and am looking forward to watching his new show. 

As an interior designer, some of my best tips come from other designers.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/haven/interior-designer-nate-berkus-gives-yahoo-the-exclusive-scoop-on-his-new-show-plus-the-top-5-things-he-cant-live-without-578033/

2 comments:

  1. Hello, there! I JUST started a design blog at lovemedesign.com , but it unfortunately only has one post. I have a family blog as well at lovemedaily.com

    I used to like Nate and I appreciate his design style. He is a wonderful designer. However, I saw a show he did for Oprah where he designed rooms in different houses on one block after a furniture swap. He was completely lost because he did not have the money he's used to leaning on. I've always felt true creativity is born when there is some kind of problem or restriction such as money. When I saw how lost he was without it, I wasn't sure how far his creative talent really spanned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely about being creative when you don't have the money. Yes, it is easy to do miraculous designs when you have an open checkbook and a staff of contractors. My business has always been about budget design. Where I live, there are beautiful homes but not a lot of people have the money to fix them up. I show them how they can get the same look as the expensive designers for a lot less.

    ReplyDelete